Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Boston Baked Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Boston Baked Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is actually excellent guidance. But at times the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through while you’re on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? You can do this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food place.
Go with the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get at a fast food cafe was French Fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened considerably. Now lots of them offer salads. Chili can be yet another selection. You might get baked potatoes. You can pick fruit. There are so many possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” aim to create a meal from side dishes. This helps you keep the calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Basic logic states that the simplest way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. If you decide on healthy things, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to boston baked beans recipe. You can have boston baked beans using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Boston Baked Beans:
- Prepare 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) white haricot beans, dried
- Take 400 g (14 oz) piece pork belly
- Prepare 25 g (1 oz) oft brown sugar
- You need 45 g (3 Tbsp) black treacle or molasses
- Prepare 1 tsp tomato puree
- Prepare 1 tbsp English mustard or 2 tsp mustard powder
- Take 4 cloves
- Take 8-10 small shallots, peeled but left whole or 2-3 small onions, chopped
- Get fresh ground black pepper
- Provide salt
Instructions to make Boston Baked Beans:
- Pour the beans into a large bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then put in a pan, with fresh water to cover by about 5cm/2in. Bring to the boil and boil hard for at least 10 minutes. Transfer the beans and water to a slow cooker.
- Cut the pork belly into large pieces and add to the beans, together with all the other ingredients, except the salt. It's important not to add salt until the beans are cooked, it makes the skin tough. Add plenty of black pepper though.
- Cook for 8 hours in the the slow cooker, or for four hours in the oven on 140C/Gas 1, until tender. Half way through cooking time, when the beans are tender but the liquid is still being absorbed, add plenty of salt, taste to check there's enough.
- The beans are cooked when they are completely soft and the liquid has turned into a lovely thick goo. Serve the beans hot, with sausages or baked potatoes or burgers, they would also go beautifully with baked ham. We had them on toast, topped with cheese. They freeze well, and there's lots, so divide into portions and freeze separately for quick and easy lunches.
If you find this Boston Baked Beans recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.