Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. Occasionally, though, the last thing you need is to have to make an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through while you’re on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is possible because plenty of the popular fast food places are trying to make their menus healthy now. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It was not that long ago that all you could get at the fast food diner was French Fries. Today almost all of the most popular fast food franchises have increased their offerings. There are lots of salads around today. Chili can be a different option. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You can choose fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that don’t involve eating something deep fried. When you buy your dinner through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you are able to keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Often the thing you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce recipe. To make tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce:
- Take 1 package (any size under 20oz) refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini
- Use 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Provide 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Provide 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Use 1 cup milk, or more as needed
- Take 1/2 cup half and half*
- You need 2 oz cream cheese, cubed
- Take 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan (I used the green bottle lol) still amazing
- You need to taste kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,
- Use 2 pinches chopped fresh parsley or dried flakes like me
Instructions to make Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce:
- Cook your tortellini as instructed on box and drain well. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add your minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, Stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour till lightly browned. About 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and half and half and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. About 2-3 minutes. Stir in cheeses until melted about 1 to 2 minutes. Add parsley now or after for garnish. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with whatever you'd like. Ex: tomatoes like me, chives, parsley. Etc..
- NOTES* *Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream.
If you find this Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.