Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Huge Benefits To Improve Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? You might know individuals that live by this and also demand that their children live by this principle as well. This idea is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. You will be pleased to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
I am certain you know that produce will provide you with many of the vitamins you need to have to stay healthy, and apples are normally the item that most individuals have in their houses, but why? Well lets have a look at the vitamins and minerals that you could find in just one apple. A number of the major minerals you will come across in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, along with other trace minerals. And you’ll also come across vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and other trace vitamins.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so good for you. The one thing you should realize is that we only discussed some of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, but the information is out there. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to purchase some apples, their in the produce isle. You will notice that your overall health could greatly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan spiced chicken with sumac and date couscous recipe. You can cook moroccan spiced chicken with sumac and date couscous using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous:
- Provide 4 chicken breasts, thickly sliced across the grain of the meat
- Provide 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Use 2 tsp ground Cumin
- Use 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes, or equivalent
- Prepare 2 tbsp Garlic oil or 2 Garlic cloves crushed and 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Get 1 tsp Sumac (optional)
- Take 1 tsp Harissa (optional)
- Get 1 tbsp Honey, warmed until runny
- You need 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Get 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Use 1/2 pt hot stock
- Prepare Half a pack of green Beans, cut into pieces
- Prepare Vegetable oil
- Prepare 4 handfuls couscous
- Prepare Rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Get 1 handful chopped dates (optional) Raisins or Sultanas also work well
- You need 1 tsp Sumac (optional)
- Provide 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes or similar equivalent
- Provide 1 tsp Dried parsley
- Take 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Get Salt, Pepper
- Get Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Use Toasted Almond flakes (optional, we don’t use these due to a nut allergy in the family)
Steps to make Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous:
- Mix the cumin, cinnamon, sumac, harissa, garlic oil or garlic and oil, lemon juice, honey and chilli flakes together in a bowl. Place chicken into the spice mix and coat each piece thoroughly. Put aside to marinate.
- Put the lemon rind, juice, olive oil, cumin, sumac, dates or dried fruit, chilli flakes and dried parsley into a pudding bowl. Add couscous and mix together. Pour boiling water over the couscous until it is about half a centimetre above the level of the couscous. Stir with a fork and set aside in a warm place to swell.
- Heat a large frying pan and add some vegetable oil to lightly coat the surface. Add the pieces of marinated chicken and cook without moving the pieces for a few minutes until well browned, almost charred. Turn over and repeat the process. Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding which will cause the chicken to boil and become tough and pallid. It’s also very important NOT to move meat around when cooking otherwise it won’t brown properly.
- Once the chicken is all cooked, return it all to the pan and add the hot stock and stir to de-glaze the pan, followed by the tomatoes. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Lightly boil the beans in salted water in a separate pan until all dente.
- Add the beans to the chicken and stir. Cook for 20 minutes on a low / medium heat to reduce the sauce. Check flavour and season.
- Zap the couscous in the microwave for 1 minute if it’s got too cool.
- Serve the chicken and couscous along with a sprinkling of chopped Parsley. A few toasted Almond flakes makes a good addition if you have them. We always have some extra green veg with ours for added nutrients.
If you find this Moroccan spiced Chicken with Sumac and Date Couscous recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.