Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Hummus recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Hummus recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hummus recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to carry out all of their own cooking. There’s some worth to that. From time to time, though, you definitely do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water would be the best options for beverages. When you drink a huge soft drink you are putting a lot of empty calories to your day. Usually a single serving of soda is merely eight ounces big. That portion normally contains at the very least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food carbonated drinks are no less than twenty ounces big. It is most often no less than 30 ounces. This implies that your drink on it’s own will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Water, fruit juice and also milk, however, are far better choices.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a couple of good choices and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hummus recipe. You can have hummus using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Hummus:
- You need 1 Can Chickpeas or 1½ Cups (250g) Cooked Chickpeas
- Use 1/4 Cup (60 ml) Fresh Lemon juice
- Get 1/4 Cup (60 ml) Well-stirred Tahini
- Prepare 1 Small Garlic Clove, Minced
- Take 2 Tablespoon (30 ml) Extra-virgin Olive Oil,plus more for serving
- Provide 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Provide to taste Salt
- Get 2-3 Tablespoon (30-45ml) Water
- Use Dash Paprika, for serving
Steps to make Hummus:
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, - scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add the olive oil,minced garlic, cumin, and a ½ teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, then add the remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1-2 minutes.
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2-3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- Serve the hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
If you find this Hummus recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.