Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Dal Khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Dal Khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dal Khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to perform all of their own cooking. This is certainly very good information. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You can do this because many of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food restaurant.
Choose a drive through for a restaurant which is known for catering to people with healthier palates. For example, Arby’s doesn’t provide hamburgers. Instead, a person’s choices consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, obviously, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has a bundle of healthy choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not every thing is McDonalds featuring its deep fried chicken parts as well as other terribly bad items.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. At times what you require most is just to have someone else do the cooking. When you select wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dal khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย) recipe. You can have dal khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย) using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dal Khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย):
- Use 1/2 cup rice
- Provide 1/2 cup tuvr dal
- Take 2 tbsp Chana dal
- Get 2 tbsp Masoor dal
- Take 1 tbsp ghee
- Take 1 tsp cumin
- Provide 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- Prepare 1 tbsp Ginger – Julienne
- Provide 1 tbsp green chili finely chopped
- Take 1 medium onion – chopped
- Take 1 tomatoes finely chopped
- Take to taste salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- You need 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Prepare 1 tbsp Kasoori methi (optional)
- Use 1 tsp red chili powder
- You need 1 dried red chillies
- You need Fresh coriander - to garnish
Instructions to make Dal Khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย):
- In a bowl, add tuvr dal and chana & Masoor dal in it. Add water and soak it for 10 mins and drain the water.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker. Add onion and saute till translucent. Then add ginger, garlic paste, Fry for another 1 min then add red dried chilli, green chilli and tomato.
- Add salt, turmeric powder,red chili powder and coriander powder and kasoori methi mix it well. cook until tomato is mushy.
- Add soaked lentils and 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles. If you don’t have pressure cooker, cook it in normal pot until lentils becomes soft.
- Cook rice in a separate pot (don’t cook it too soft)
- Once lentils (Dal) is cooked. Add cooked rice in and mix it well. Boil it for another 5 mins.
- P.S nature of lentils it does absorb water. If you don’t eat it right away it may become dry. Before eating just put ½ cup of water and warm it! Enjoy!!
If you find this Dal Khichdi (ข้าวต้มอินเดีย) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.