Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Chicken and Shells Casserole recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Shells Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Shells Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very good advice. Sometimes, though, the last thing you want is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Once in a while you only want to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? You can do this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food at the drive through.
Milk, juice and water would be the best choices for beverages. Drinking a large soda forces hundreds of empty fat laden calories into your diet. One serving of soda pop is eight oz.. That serving may contain lots of spoonfuls of sugar in addition to at least a hundred calories. A fast food soda is typically a minimum of twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is much more common. Choosing a soda pop as your drink raises your calorie intake by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. It is much healthier to select milk, juice or regular water.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. When you want wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and shells casserole recipe. To make chicken and shells casserole you need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken and Shells Casserole:
- Take Water
- Provide 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Get 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Get 2 pound chicken breast boneless and skinless
- Prepare 2 quart water
- Get 1/2 pound pasta shells medium sized
- You need Vegetables
- Get 1 pound mixed vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
- Use 2 cups chopped celery
- Prepare 1 large onion diced
- Get 1 medium potato
- Prepare 3 tablespoons all purpose flour heaping
- Take 1-1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Use 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- You need 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Provide 1/2 stick butter
- Provide 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Get Topping
- You need 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Take 1/2 cup melted butter
Steps to make Chicken and Shells Casserole:
- Chop the celery and dice the onion. Sauté in the butter with pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic. Sauté for 12 minutes.
- I had the lid pop open on the seasoned salt and poured out a 1/4 cup that went in. So I grated a medium sized potato and added in. This helped tone down the saltiness. Sauté the potato with the onion and celery.
- Boil the chicken in the salty peppered water. When the chicken is done remove from water, and add the shells. Cook till done but don't throw out the water. Preheat oven 450° Fahrenheit.
- Steam the mixed vegetables then chop up the bigger pieces. Chop the chicken and add into the celery onion mixture. Add the flour mixed with ground black pepper to taste.
- When the flour is added cook for 8 minutes. Add the pasta shells, and cheese. Add 2-1/2 cups of chicken-pasta water and stir well. Allow to simmer stirring often for 15 minutes add more of the water if necessary. Melt the butter add breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of chicken-pasta water stir mixing well.
- Add the breadcrumbs to top of the casserole. Spread over the top and bake for 35 minutes covered. Remove cover and put under broiler till browned and crispy. Serve after allowing to rest for 15 minutes. I hope you enjoy!!!
If you find this Chicken and Shells Casserole recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.