Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Fantastic With Regard To Your Health.
I am certain you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? You might know people that live by this and also require that their children live by this principle as well. This thought is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In the following paragraphs we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
You have always been told to be sure that you are eating your vegetables and fruits so you get your vitamins, but apples have been at the top of the list. Well lets take a look at the vitamins and minerals which you can find in just one apple. Apples have, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all tend to be good for your health, but there also are many more healthy minerals in apples. Of course vitamins are also very important for your health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote health.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. The advantages we covered are only a few of the benefits that eating apples can provide. It is possible to locate many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. You will find that your overall health may tremendously be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough crackers or breadsticks with extra virgin olive oil & herbs recipe. To cook sourdough crackers or breadsticks with extra virgin olive oil & herbs you need 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs:
- Use 200 grams sourdough starter – 100% hydration
- Provide 60g plain flour
- Use 60g wholemeal flour
- Prepare 15g rye flour
- Take 40g extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare 1 tablespoon dried herbs de Provence or any other herbs you like
- You need 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Get Flake salt or nigella seeds for topping
Instructions to make Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs:
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix till well combined.
- Roll into a smooth ball and wrap in clingfilm before placing in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The dough can be left in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan) and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cut the dough in half and wrap the remaining dough in the cling film to avoid it drying out. Cut the dough you are working with in half again.
- IF MAKING CRACKERS: - Using a rolling pin, roll the dough as thin as possible.
- I use a round cookie cutter to cut the crackers into circles but you can make them any shape you like.
- IF MAKING BREADSTICKS: - Take a walnut size piece of dough and gently roll on a work surface until you get a long breadstick shape about 1 cm thickness.
- Carefully place the crackers/breadsticks onto the baking sheets and either lightly brush or spray with water before sprinkling the salt flakes or nigella seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 mins, or until they are a light brown colour. (Check after 12-13 minutes)
- Whilst the first batch is cooking you can start preparing the second batch so they are ready to go in the over as soon as the first batch comes out.
- Place on a cooling rack and repeat the process with the remaining crackers/breadsticks.
If you find this Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.