Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Murgh makhani - Butter Chicken 🐓 recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Murgh makhani - Butter Chicken 🐓 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Murgh makhani - Butter Chicken 🐓 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly very good information. Now and then, though, you definitely do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how you can eat healthfully when you hit the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get at a fast food diner was French Fries. Now virtually all of the well-known fast food places have widened their menus. There are plenty of salads available now. Chili can be another option. You might get baked potatoes. Fruit is usually available. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t require eating anything deep fried. When you get your dinner through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll maintain your calorie and fatty food count low and save yourself commitment.
Basic sense states that the simplest way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to murgh makhani - butter chicken 🐓 recipe. To make murgh makhani - butter chicken 🐓 you need 33 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Murgh makhani - Butter Chicken 🐓:
- Take For marination
- Take 2 tbsp yoghurt
- Prepare 1 pinch salt
- You need 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Provide 2-3 cloves garlic (paste form)
- Use 2 tbsp ginger paste
- Take 1 tsp garam masala
- Get 1 tsp chicken masala
- You need 1 tsp coriander-cumin powder
- Provide 2 tbsp red chilli powder (it has to be kashmiri red chilli powder)
- Provide 400 g boneless chopped chicken
- Use For the gravy
- You need 3-4 tbsp butter
- Prepare 2 tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- Take 2 medium sized onions (roughly chopped)
- Prepare 2 green chillis (roughly chopped)
- Use 5-8 cashew nuts
- Get 3-4 green cardamon pods
- Use 3-4 cloves
- You need 5-6 curry leaves
- You need 2 cinnamon sticks
- Take 2 tbsp garam masala
- Use 2 tbsp chicken masala
- Prepare 3 tbsp red chilli powder (Kashmiri)
- Take Salt (as per taste)
- Prepare 1 tsp kasuri methi (fenugreek)
- Prepare 2 tbsp thick cream
- You need About 1 cup water for the liquid puree
- Prepare 1 tsp sugar (you can substitute it with honey - but not too much)
- Take For garnishing
- You need Some coriander leaves - chopped tiny (optional)
- Prepare 1 pinch fenugreek
- Prepare 1 tsp cream
Steps to make Murgh makhani - Butter Chicken 🐓:
- For marinating: The process can go through two marination steps, but I just did one. - Take a bowl, add in the chopped chicken pieces. You can choose to go for chicken with bone as this dish can be boneless or with bone. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, garam masala, chicken masala, red chilli powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix well and set it aside for 20-30minutes. I set it aside for 1 hour, you can leave it overnight too (in the fridge 😉)
- To make the tandoor chicken: - After marination, take a frying pan. Pour in some oil enough to fry the chicken but not too much. Place the chicken pieces in the pan and turn them to the other side when you think it might have cooked for quite some time (may be about 7 minutes). Use low flame. Keep turning them until they are brownish (light brown). Once ready, take the pieces out into a bowl.
- Use the same frying pan, add in cardamon pods, cinnamon sticks, cloves, curry leaves and sauté. Add ginger garlic paste. Once you start smelling the garlic, add in the onions. Let it fry for some minutes, all using medium flame. Add in the chopped tomatoes, green chillis and butter, you can add tomato puree too. Add garam masala, chilli powder, chicken masala, salt, cashew nuts and water. Mix, cover and let it cook for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, let it cool.
- Pour the mixture in step 3 into a grinder and grind. Once it's all mixed and ground, sieve it in order to get rid of the coarse spices and tomato skin/seeds. Also remember butter chicken gravy has to be velvety smooth. You can use a hand grinder too but a mixer grinder is the best choice.
- Add butter 😁to the same frying pan. Add some garlic paste. I used grated garlic (last minute 😁). Pour in the liquid puree and let it cook for about 20minutes. Add in the tandoor chicken pieces, sugar, coriander leaves and salt if it's not as per your taste yet. Sprinkle in fenugreek, and add in thick cream. Stir and let it cook for another 10 minutes
- Serve hot and eat quickly 😜. For plating, take a bowl and fill it with gravy and the chicken pieces on top. Take some bit more gravy and pour it over the chicken pieces. Sprinkle fenugreek and coriander leaves. Eat with Naan or rice.
If you find this Murgh makhani - Butter Chicken 🐓 recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.