Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Huge Benefits For Your Health.
Everyone has heard the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this actually a true statement. Many individuals have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This particular thought can be found in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. You will be happy to know that we have done a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
Yet another thing that has been discovered is that apples can also help your heart. Lots of the things you find in apples, and yes this involves fiber, can certainly help to provide you with a healthy heart. One more of the added benefits apples can give you is that it can help you to lower your cholesterol, and you should also know that this also helps your heart. The one thing you should understand is that many of the ingredients for a healthier heart are found in the skin of the apple. If you happen to be one of the men and women who skin their apple before eating it, you may want to change that habit so that you are receiving all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so good. One thing you should understand is that we only discussed a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this article, nevertheless the information is out there. I hope that the the very next time you go to the grocery store you wind up getting plenty of apples. You will find that your overall health may tremendously be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to flying game, bacon, leek, shallot & mushroom pie recipe. To cook flying game, bacon, leek, shallot & mushroom pie you need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie:
- You need 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- You need 150 g bacon, without rind and in small pieces
- Prepare 2 leeks, sliced
- Provide 3 banana shallots, sliced
- You need 3 carrots, halved longitudinally then halved
- Take 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- You need 150 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Take 2 tbsp plain flour plus small quantity for dusting pastry
- Take 300 ml dry white wine
- You need 500 ml chicken stock
- Get 1 tbsp red currant jelly
- Prepare 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Get Salt
- Take Ground black pepper
- Get 1 kg mixed flying game
- Prepare 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Get 1 tbsp Mirin
- Get 2 x 500 g JusRol shortcrust pastry
Steps to make Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a casserole and gently fry the bacon for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining oil and fry the leeks, shallots, garlic and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all softened but not burnt.
- Add the carrots and stir for 2 minutes.
- Quickly stir in the flour, the add the wine and fast-simmer to reduce by half, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock, stir well and stir in the red currant jelly and crème fraîche.
- Add the meat, stirring gently but thoroughly, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer cover and cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season, stir the mustard and Mirin in well and then remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6 or electric equivalent (170C Circotherm). Lightly grease the pie dishes. Split each block into 1/3 and 2/3. Lightly flour your work table and roll each portion out as you need it to proceed.
- In each dish, lay a 2/3 portion of pastry. Apportion the meat, etc. equally between the dishes and reserve the cooking liquid coz it’ll make scrumptious gravy! Then lay a 1/3 portion on the top of each dish. Crimp the edges. Make three small incisions in the top of each pie to allow steam to escape. If you want to put one of the pies in the freezer for later, do not make these incisions. However, if the JusRol has already been frozen, then you must cook the pie before freezing.
- Cook the pies in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the pastry looks nicely cooked.
- Serve onto warmed plates with your choice of accompaniments.
If you find this Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.