Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Dorset Apple Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dorset Apple Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dorset Apple Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV as well as in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? Many individuals have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In this post we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
According to another study, apples can also have great results on your brain. While carrying out their study they discovered that, quercetin, which is located in apples helps maintain healthy brain cells. Meaning by eating apples you are able to minimize the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
And now you recognize why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. In this post we just covered a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. You will be able to find many more benefits for your health in relation to apples. When you go shopping again, be sure to buy some apples, their in the produce isle. It can truly help your overall health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dorset apple cake recipe. You can have dorset apple cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Dorset Apple Cake:
- Use 450 g cooking apples
- Prepare Juice 1/2 lemon
- Use 225 g stork margarine
- Get 280 g caster sugar
- Prepare 4 eggs
- Prepare 2 tsp baking powder
- Use 2 tsp almond extract
- Get 350 g self raising flour
- Provide 1 tbsp coconut or brown sugar
Instructions to make Dorset Apple Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a deep springform cake tin.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples. Place them in a bowl with the lemon juice and a few tablespoons of water.
- Add all of the cake ingredients (except the coconut sugar) into a mixer and blend until smooth. I warmed the marg slightly in the microwave so that it blended more smoothly.
- Add just over half of your batter to the cake tin. Layer half of the apple slices over the batter.
- Repeat by covering the apple slices with the rest of the batter, and top with the remaining apple.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the apples and bake in the oven for 70-80 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
If you find this Dorset Apple Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.